Friday, November 28, 2008

I can make a turkey...

My mom showed me how. Granted, I've seen her do it for some 33 years, but this time, I've got it under control.

Opertion Pick Mom Up at Airport was a success!! As was Operation Take Mom to Nye's for Dinner (yumyumyum). Operation Sleep on Couch has also been good (the dog and the cat seem to agree..)

- Watched "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" with mom -- boy junk! It was actually heartwarming. Good gracious, me. Jason Segel (sp?) is goddamn cute, and of course he wrote this. Of course he was writing a vampire musical using puppets. Of course he's geeking out at the chance to work with Henson Studios. Because we'd be geeking out too. Three cheers for Jason Segel, a movie star I never expected to see that much of.. With my mother.

- Also watching John Adams, all of which is very tense. But good! We foolishly found the special feature, which pops facts up, after we'd finished parts 1 & 2. Grrrrr... "is that Hamilton?" "I think that's Hancock.." "Where's his accent?"

- Abigail Adams is sooooooooo pretty.

- Booooo tar & feather! Booooo pox innoculation. Oh man, I am stuck with that in my head now. Granted, I didn't have to live it, and it's just a dramatization, but.. I don't need that is my brain, but there they are *wince*

- Thanksgiving was wonderful. Many thanks all around. I'm still full (although it may be the maltipoo on my tummy).

Will today hold museum trips? Breakfast? Shopping? *shudder* Will Operation Do Stuff With Mom But Not Too Much succeed? Who knows! Wish us luck...

Onward.

No comments: