Thursday, November 06, 2008

Oh, right.. This is what makes me late...

For work. Late for work. Clarifying.

- There isn't much that can be said about the 4th that hasn't been already (even saying that feels old), but... I love the honest-to-god HOPE and energy buzzing through peeps. Even more, I love that people are now turning over the hope card, and picking up the 'work' card. However, what's work? Tax hikes? Awkward political choices? I don't know, but yet desperately want to get to the work portion. All this renewed hope and beautiful nationalism has me so alive and grateful, and also a tad freaked out. (The pessimist and optimist inside of me aren't talking -- they're both a little stunned. Happily stunned, but still stunned.)

- I love that Barack (can I call you Barack?) promised his girls a puppy. (And, my god, his acceptance speech was perfect..) I also loved McCain's concession speech.. Yes, this was the John McCain we remember...

- I love that Uptown exploded with people happily yelling at each other and fireworks and, I guess, a street dance. Honestly, it made me nervous (what? People excited for their country? We must be three steps awake from drink-the-kool-aid blind patriotism and nuclear weapons in military parades.. Yes, my reaction is paranoid...but I've just never seen this happen before..), and also left me astonished. How cool! How non-cynical! How unlike me...!

- To celebrate the victory also felt a little like celebrating the system... go General Washington! *dancedance* Go Warren G. Harding! *dancedance* Will a renewed interest in our country's history come of this? Will it be hard to get the John Adams HBO miniseries on Netflix? Who knows!

- Nervous and happy. Yep. Let's get quickly to the work part, please...

- Talked to my old high school friend Brett, who is so disinfranchised from the system.. Reminded me that it's all corrupt, bought and sold anyway (part of which I agree with), and that it'll just be anarchy in 40 years (I don't quite agree with that, but who knows), so relax the f out. *grin* Nothing like some honest cynicism to knock a person back down a bit...

- Cynicism aside, Barack is my man. I can cautiously hope with a capitol H too.

- Okay. Must get clean. I think I get to see a fancy show tonight! Yea!! I don't think I get to run today... Booo...

Time to go be a mosquito..

Onward.

No comments: