Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Purty... nice..

Sitting in Starbucks. A sad Tom Waits tune is softly sifting over the calming yellow wood chairs. People are business-meeting to my left. Baristas are happily cheering each other. How odd that Mr. Waits appear here.. For he makes me sad and happy and contemplative and the whole thing is overwhelmingly bittersweet. Much like my latte.

The last couple of days have sped by, and here we are at Wednesday. Museum was a happy bustle of kids, and then got to play with Jake & his keeper. Jake is either is his teens or twenties, but is like a kid.The cute sweet gal who hangs out with Jake is amazing. They were hangin' out at the giant loom, and 'got to bounce a chimp puppet around, which made him laugh and made me happy. Thanks, Jake!

What I learned from the amazingly smart Ruth-of-the-museum:

- She used to be the tarantula lady at the MN Zoo!?! What?! If Ruth was to tell me she was with French Foreign Legion, just right before she pushed Scorcese (sp?) into directing, I would totally believe it.

- DID YOU KNOW... Tarantula hairs are itchy, and will stick in you (as they are covered with barbs), and then you itch like the dickens..

- Which is why you just want to keep a tarantula on your hand, as you don't want that s#!t in your clothes...

- AND, their feetsies are basically claws, so you don't want them on your sweater, or else they could be stuck there...forever (I'm not going to break a tarantula's claws, thank you. *shudder* No offense.)

The thrill of having my mom fly up has now been replaced with nervousness and dread. Horribly unnecessary nervousness and dread. Fickle irrational emotions, thy name is Jen.

'Went to dear friend K's house last night, which also has me contemplative. Sending love and warmest thoughts. I wish no one had to experience grief, but... it's inescapable, I guess. The stuff that reaffirms how amazing and wonderful life is. For all it's affirming capabilities, I wish we didn't have to experience it though, as it is what it is. :( But... K opened up her house and we drank beers and ate pizza and chatted and it was absolutely wonderful. :') Love and hugs all around.

Got to hang out with the boy last night afterwards, which was all shades of wonderful, despite me being full of contemplation and pre-dread.

Onward! Onward! To the museum! To an oil change! Hopefully, to dinner!

Onward.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Is that a picture of the scarf someone else made you or you made yourself? Nice. And if you knit it yourself, you're amazing.