Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Last traveling bits, onto...

Yes! Sunday!!

- We drive west. We both snooze. Wisconsin is full of roadkilled deer and pickup trucks parked in cornfields.

- We stop in the Wisconsin Dells, WI. The gas station won't take my card for under $5; I cross a large road to Starbucks. A packed Starbucks?! Everyplace else is empty! Starbucks is filled with people in Northface jackets, pricey boots, and large hand bags. And ponytails. And sunglasses. And Russians. We run away from the parking lot filled with Mercedes (?!). If you hobbyhunt and bring your girlfriend, you still want your Starbucks.

- We make killerdiller time into the Cities. Go us!!

- Drew's mom had purchased "Wicked" tickets for her entire family. Suddenly, we're dressed up, surrounded by 1,000s of people, in row H of the Orpheum.

- Ohmygoodness!!! I've never actually seen a honest to god Broadway touring show. Oh my goodness... The American musical is such a questionably weird and surreal medium anyway, and everytime one of the female leads finished a song, the Orpheum exploded with screams. But -- I liked it. The leads were great (really great. I didn't know people could have that much fun in a big rocking machine of a show. But they did.), the musical itself is all self-aware n' sh#t, and I left the Orpheum over-stimulated, grateful grateful grateful and impressed. Gosh. Huh. Gosh. I don't know if I need to see another big Broadway musical for a bit.. But this one left me without comment. Thank you!!!!!

- I assume Disneyland is like seeing Wicked over and over, except you get to walk.

Now it's Wednesday. I'm at Gigi's, while my car gets it's door fixed (hopefully). I pick my mom up at 6 at the airport. I have to find a turkey *cringe!*.

(ppsssstttttt -- Six Ring Circus was satisfying great last night. Well done, people!!)

Happy turkey day, all! Be thankful, be grateful, be pie-oriented.

Onward.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Hey, I've got plenty of bird for two extras if you find yourselves birdless. :) Not a fun story relating to why I'm in MN and not SD ('rents moved there a year and a bit ago) for T-day, but that's life. Mine especially! And this is Tara, Jim's just logged in right now. :)