Thursday, November 13, 2008

Well.. It's not about soup...

My post from yesterday, which ranted about very very important soup-related issues, got sent to the wrong address. My little Palm Centro can't handle the conversion cleanly, so... In 40 minutes or so, you can choose to be subjected to all things soup.. Until then...

- Yesterday, I sat in a hallway in the Museum, and chatted idly with friends and strangers. This was lovely. It was like I owned an indoor porch, and got to watch the bustle of the neighborhood (museum) march by, and wave. And then, random lovelies (new and old) would sit on this porch and chat about life and cost of wheat. Delightful! When I'm old (when we all live in malls), I need to figure out how to get on the Audition-Sign-Up-Table-Sitting circuit.

I was asked to portray museum patrons in these auditions.. I ended up doing repetions on a theme:

- the MN mom
- the kid with the worksheet
- the bored dad
- the know it all senior

If you work in a museum or with the public at all, you are probably very familiar with know it all senior. The senior who has done extensive research about a particular subject, will fein to ask you a question, and then will bait and switch and tell YOU all they know about the subject. Clever senior!!!

Afterwards, got taken to the Red Savoy on West 7th. I haven't been there in.. possibly.. 8 years (that's ridiculous!) but it's so damned good. Thin impressively-strong (it holds up deliciously!) crust, salty sauce, and the pizza is served on sparkly lunch lady trays. I like clientele (kids and grown ups of every type), I love the food -- yea for Red Savoy!!

I then woke up 4 times last time. Most of me blames a certain maltipoo and scratchy ears -- the rest of me blames the Red Savoy *sob!*.

Started watching Entourage last night. Between this and Lost, I am reclaiming my inner 22 year old boy. More women in their underwear around pools beaches, I guess.

Listening to the commentary on Lost... JJ Abrahms assures us that every actor he works with is "brilliant". Every one! Like 8 times over... Brilliant. Hollywood is Hollywood.

And speaking of, it's nice to see Jeremy Piven in a role that was handcrafted for Mr. Piven. My dad never like David Arquette for some reason; for me, the 3rd circle of hell might be trapped in a room with Jeremy Piven. Maybe this reaction is because I secretly lovvvve him, but... Have you seen his travel show? Ewwwww!!!

I feel like a lame-o GenX People magazine now. Just a little.

Today is off to the Museum, but with less Porch-sitting.. But hey!!

Socially Akward is up at "Pee Your Pants" at the Bryant Lake Bowl tonight!! 10 pm show? Socially Akward is myself, Katie Moen, James Moore and Dan Jankovich -- Yeaaa!! We're new and akward. Come see!

Annnnd, Hellendrung, Scott & Assoc. is up for our last Improv a Go Go slot this Sunday, and so is Adorable!!! Between the two, I might explode with giddiness, just a little. Chances are I will also probably cry on stage. (When something makes me laugh really hard, my eyes water. Creepy! I've been breaking onstage of late -- I don't mean to, these boys are just damned funny and the surprises have been delightful -- and it's been coming out as snotty nose, watery eyes. ...I think I'm allergic to comedy. I love it though. But for you, I will take a comedy benadryl and will see you there!!)

Onward.

3 comments:

Kat said...

True story: My father was good friend’s with Red (Savoy). He used to go to Savoy’s after work for a drink and if my mother called to see if he was there Red would discretely say aloud “I don’t know, is Tom here?” and my dad would shake his head no, to which Red would kindly tell my mother he wasn’t there. Oh, cahoots. That pizza’s saltiness is worth it. Oh so delicious.

purplesquirrel said...

I haven't been to Red's in a long time. Instead I've been going to Carbone's which is a little further east on 7th St.

Michael Kingsley said...

As much as I would like to, I will most likely not be able to see "Socially Awkward" tonight, as I have to get up early and am planning on going to the Bell Museum tonight to see a talk about the plight of polar bears as a result of global warming