Friday, November 21, 2008

I need to go...

I've occupied this table at Dunn Bros for far too long, I feel. The coffee roaster continues to roast coffee and pretend he's a pirate. The coffee pops like Rice Crispies. I am one of the youngest people here (which, for Grand Avenue by Macalaster, I did not expect!)

I'm not sure what I'm doing this weekend... in a state of a'waiting, which is fine but at the same time... if it doesn't happen, what should I do? (I'm contemplating the kitchen cabinets.. hrmmmm...)

Re-experienced the great Twin Cities estate sale this morning. A payday and a sign created the perfect storm of a Jen-based weak moment. Estate sales are both sad and lovely - - it's like a museum exhibit of someone's life (all of your tchotchke's of your life, on display and on sale. The house still smelled like a clean and comforting grandma's house...) The things were sweet and fine. It made me happy (oh my goodness! A train-based map of the United States - - for display! A glass A&W mug for a $1!) and of course, a little melancholy. (oooohhhh)

Okay. More later.

Onward.

1 comment:

mikefotis said...

What are you doing to your cabinets?