Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Centralized. Questionably centralized.

Today got hot! Holy crap! Good intentions of "running" this afternoon flew out the window.. (I may try a later thing... or maybe just do sit ups at home.. eh.)

I attempted the Mpls Central Public Library today. It reminded me of my college library (big.. confusing.. pay for parking)... There are few signs in the Mpls Public Library - - you are to know what to do by smell. The maps are confusing, and don't show any dewey decimal-ness (*grin* I want to be part of a kid's speed metal group called "Dewey Decibel"). Mpls - - why did you suck all the fun out of going to a library? Jen - - do you need all of your libraries to be Barnes & Nobles? Lame!

Despite the lack of joy, the comics section was finally found, and fun was had again. I left with two cookbooks, five comics (er.. graphic novels. It always feels weird to find the dirty book in the Library. There was some Anime that was raunchier than expected. *grin* I had to turn the book over to be sure they were really doing what it looked like they were doing, and, yes.. I think they were. I put it back, and then picked up another that was boob-filled. You crazy Japanese!), and three "how to learn a foreign language" things. However, I bypassed "Infrared Wedding Photography" and numerous Harry S. Truman biographies.

Back to work.

Onward.

No comments: