Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Have we mentioned the nanoscale?

Hello... Monday stampeded by like a herd of mice with places to go..

* Work! It was a day of three: tripping over a stool in front of an audience (which worried said audience a great deal), dropping a microphone (which worried me a great deal), and accidently throwing a small plush gibbon at a 5 year old's head. My aim was true -- it just sort of bounced off her temple, and she looked nonplussed (this is naturally what happens at an interactive monkey show. Isn't art interesting? I am not surprised). I, on the other hand, began adult-crisis mode (Are u ok??? The gibbon and I are really really really sorry). However, thank goodness, Mom and Emma were both suuuuuper cool. I never want to attack someone under six with a gibbon again...

* 'Went to a financial advisor, who told me a couple thing I already knew and a couple I hadn't considered. Not the call of action I was secretly hoping for. Left unsettled. Ehhhhhh...

* Conga with dear friend Sue!!!! Life is more balanced again... :)

* Herkimer's with dear friend T.R.!!! Life is funny and sweet too. (and sometimes, you get old and people you met when they were 15 are suddenly 21 with stories... Amazing.) :)

This week, friends from all over the nation are in St.Paul to discuss the future of Nanoscale Informal Science Education. They are awesome, rockin' people--I'm used to going to their city to talk about this stuff, and attempting to party like a rock star. This is their first time (for me) that they've come here to party, but while I'm on the clock. Last night ended on a dock on the Mississippi, with beers and acoustic guitars. (y'know.. Like we always do here in MN...*???*). I'm a weenie and already tired... But it's lovely... We will educate the public about things that hard!! W00t! (so tired)

Onward.

No comments: