Thursday, July 17, 2008

I feel as though I've purchased something from the adult section of the cat food aisle. I don't know if Sebastien & I are ready to experience this tender of a moment together, much less any whisker lickin/g.

Dog treats offer nothing so sensual.

Is this what Purina thinks cat owners want? Or perhaps serving the crazy cat lady in all of us? I DID purchase it. There are a LOT of hearts on this packging. And the peaceful lady and her cat on the package ARE reclining, all dressed in white (possibly satin, it's hard to tell).

Damn you, Purina!!! ...creepy. (yet soothing.... dammit.)

Sebastien's & my love is currently Crab Flavored. Last week, it was a 'Dreamy Duo' of Milk & Cheese.

..creepy.

***************

Not knowing what to do with "Wednesday", I called my sister, who suggested a girl's night of pampering and chic flicks. So I did my nails, and watched the original Star Wars (whew. There are some stinky lines in that movie. That being said, I ADORE U, PETER CUSHING!!!!!) Is there anything better than than the last 15 minutes of that movie? At times, no. Even the ceremony at the end gets me.

Someday, I'll watch Rudy and Miracle and Hoosiers and every other movie I know that will twist me up and wring me out. Until then, the emotional distance of the Rebel Assault on the Death Star, please.

'Woke up at 4 a.m. to Pickles defending the house loudly, and then my sleep-addled, no A/C brain treated me to a montage of things I've done wrong in the last 12 years -- poor choices, poor purchases, poor decisions. Thanks a lot, brain. The catch is that I probably wouldn't be where I now, good or bad, without those decisions... So suck it, brain. Gack. I'd honestly rather focus on the good ones, and hopefully make some backpaddingly excellent decisions in the future.. Right? I'm supposed to be gaining experience, right? ...meh.

Looking forward to the weekend -- it should be fun! There is reception-ness and PG comes back and maybe an Adorable rehearsal and just maybe it will rain today (yeaaaa!)

And someday, I will come out of this vague morning funk (I'm still a little peeved at my brain, but can't deny that it may have a point...)

Onward.

2 comments:

Jill said...

No! I will not let you judge harshly Jen of History. Jen of History always did what she thought was right at the time, she did her best. There were factors out of her control and things that didn't work out, but that is no fault of Jen of History. It is just the way things are. In French they say c'est la vie and when we say it we mean it in a toss-off way, but I say it to you now to say THIS is life. Right here. It is like this. We do our best, and thus we can have no regrets.

Clayton said...

Hi Jen! Myspace spam to my gmail account makes me wonder what Jen is up to and i find her all sad with a crush on Grand Moff Tarkin(He'll break your heart and obliterate your planet) and a confession that Sean Astins shitty acting is somehow emotionally engaging ( he RUINED lord of the rings). And to top it off her own brain has turned against her with some notion that being as awesome as Jen just isn't awesome enough. Now, I'm no scientitian, but studies have shown that the super-rich are only marginally happier than the rest of us, most likely because they have the option of sleeping in, which is EXACTLY what you should do the next time your brain gets those high-falutin notions at 4 AM. You'll feel like (a person with) a million bucks. Take that, brain!