Thursday, July 03, 2008

oh, fer hell...

You know me. Mornings are beautiful and lovely and suck ass. It's a half hour before my first show here at the museum, and I'm suitably grumpy. No reason to be grumpy. Just.. grumpy.

Well.. perhaps reason to be grumpy. Or, rather, I'm giving myself reasons to be hella grumpy. $$. Lack there of. Feeling a tad lost. These are normal things, and everyone (no matter how successful) goes through these things. However, f-ing A - - I'm feeling a tad grumpy and lost this morning.

Emailed a 20 year old stranger about living with me. That feels weird.

Looked over my finances. Wondered what I was doing wrong.

Have to do some financial stuff this morning. It's not hard, just crappy.

Have to do some financial stuff soooon (house-wise). Again, not hard. Just.. intimidating. And what's right!? No one knows.

And now my horoscope sends me this: "Watch out for vague plans and cheap solutions today. The first serious challenge may send you all the way back to square one". What!? ARGHGHH!! Should I just wait and see how things shake out!?

Again.. we all go through this. Money and finances can suck so bad, but I know they don't have to. argh.

Along these lines, I just read the superquick "The Adventures of Johnny Bunko: The Last Career Guide You'll Ever Need" - - lovely!

(guys... I think I just need to sell my house. Maybe that's the truth of it. arrrgh.)

Anywhoo, here's the 6 Bunko Lessons to Careers...

1. There is no plan.
2. Think strengths, not weaknesses
3. It's not about you.
4. Persistence trumps talent.
5. Make excellent mistakes.
6. Leave an imprint.

Vague and cool. I'd recommend the book to anyone, especially all of you's in college and such.

Okay.. I'm done complaining. Onward.

No comments: