Saturday, July 26, 2008

Post-goin'-out

Kids were uber (imagine the umlaut) cute at the Museum yesterday - - we dealt with monkeys, played Star Wars-based game shows, and I did my big silly show. In the front row were two four year olds, who had recently been shown that swirling your finger by your head and looking slyly at your partner is super-secret-spy-speak for "That person in front of us is CRAAAZY". Four year olds being sneaky is adorable. They'd try to communicate CRAAZY slyly to each other, but then get caught up in the story.. etc.. Yea!

Ended up at Conga (in NE, across the street from the Wells Fargo on Central) for Happy Hour with dear friends, including Partner In Crime. We slogged back 2-4-1s and ate delish half off appetizers (Pernil en Tostones, which basically means Pork and *starchy fried* Bananas - - Pork & Bananas go great together. Beautiful people were dancing beautifully, we gawked. More food (half a chicken for $3!?), more drink... indulgence!

Then to the Vegas Lounge (for the first time) for Karaoke. Where I fail in the cool, monotone hipster-song (Cake), I succeed in the screechy, slightly histrionic ballad (Bonnie Tyler) - - Bonnie Tyler, thank you for my jam.

Now I'm crawling out of the post-goin'-out dregs (did I get enough sleep? How is my tummy? ...I'm luckier than I deserve) .. blagghh. Really fun night though. I, possibly unnecessarily, feel guilty. Like "That was a stupid thing to do" - - when I don't think I did anything too terribly stupid. Did I? No? No. Aghhhhh...? It sucks to feel a certain way when you don't understand why you do - - or perhaps, I do understand and 'am just in denial. Ah well.. :(

Congrats to the kids for opening up the BNW mainstage show!!! Congrats to the kids for opening up "The Temp"! Congrats to all you kids mentioned in this month's Minnesota Monthly (seriously - - it's a Fringe who's who in there)

Tonight should be fun. Tomorrow should involves some loveliness (baby shower!), along with some possible weirdness (roommate moves in... aghhhh? No.. it's good. Or.. it should be.) Who knows... Please wish us luck.

Onward.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Thursday the 14th of August I'm bringing my Jedi nerdlets (is that even a PC phrase?) up for the 9:30 show! Hope to see you then! :)