Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Here is the church and here is the steeple, we sure are cute for two ugly people...

Yesterday was lovely. Really really lovely. If I can figure out how to incorporate parts of yesterday into a more regular life, that'd be awesome.

My friend Sambush helped to hook me up with gig with a large media provider. We filmed stories that had been sent into a large car dealership. It was lovely to be outside, fun to do, the two film-guys were just awesome, and I'd be Sam's straight man any day of the week. We even got lunch out of it. More of that, please.

I overpacked for the shoot, and now need to empty my car of 50 odd pounds of clothes and props. Ridiculous. However, the leopard-print stretchy pants continue to be a hit, I tell you.

Afterwards, I took the cat-pee-covered couch out of the garage!! I swept the garage!! I cleared a space in the basement!! I recycled the majority of the cardboard in the garage!! (I finally figured out how to ready cardboard for the recycling truck!) I thought petty unnecessary passive-aggressive thoughts about those who had left stuff with me, including family. Passive-aggressive thoughts = lame. An actual two car garage = awesome.

There's more to do, but I'm pretty damn proud for the moment.

My horoscope told me to get mad yesterday, and I hope I used that 'rage' to clean, rather than to produce snippy inner monologues.

I can clean and move large things and stain and repaint and feel all manly. I'd like to expand my manliness into the realm of plumbing and possibly large home-repair and finishing.

I'm on a giving away spree. Anyone want a hammock? (it's rope) Anyone want a large Amish-made amoire? (it's heavy, but really lovely).

Went to PG's, where he treated me to an awesome cold soup, and I ruined his would-be omelet. He has the ability to flip a six-egg communal omelet. I have the ability to make it into a scramble. Arghhh! Luckily, as he puts it, "I have patience for American cooks.." It was lovely though. Really really lovely.

July is running down Tom Petty's dream... (drain?) August will be busy. Why does September worry me? No matter. (lame.)

Onward.

2 comments:

purplesquirrel said...

I'd pay to see you in leopard print stretch pants. Wear your hair in a beehive and you'll be channeling Peg Bundy!

I'd love that armoire if it's still available.

Tara said...

Too bad Scott got here first. :) I'd be interested in seeing the armoire. Heck, I might even drive to the cities in the "big rig" to pick it up. Yes, I can drive a minivan with a trailer on it. Can't back up, but I can drive it! :)