Thursday, July 24, 2008

Chicken Girl and Rollercoasters...

I seemingly had so much to blather about on the way in, but my brain has emptied now that the computer is on.

So, sometime last summer, a 9ish year old girl on a bike decided to play chicken with my car. I slowed down, she swerved around the front of my car, looked back to laugh at me, I gave her a goddamn contemptuous dismissive look, which made her yell "Bitch!". Oh, and I got mad. Not because of the "Bitch"-thing (as that meant that the look had landed), but rather the kids-SHOULD-NOT-play with the f-ing traffic. That could have gone horribly. It was righteous, adult anger. I was 'in the right' - - and MAD. End of story.

Anywhoo, I'm driving through my neighborhood last night, and there's a group of kids walking through the middle of the street about a block away. This is a common occurrence. As I pull forward, one of them - - a 10ish year old girl in red - - starts walking AT my moving car. (This all happens in the space of about five seconds). I slow down (as one does) and when she decides to be close enough, seemingly ready to hit my moving car, I lay on the horn. She jump and screams, I drive away. And start giggling. I can hear her giggling too.

Dammit! I dearly hope there's only one 10 year old girl in Camden either stupid or ballsy enough to actively play with traffic. But that was actually kinda.. fun. I so wanted to be MAD. But I couldn't. I know it's sort of a dirty-old-man thing to surprise kids and then laugh at them. But she goddamn had it comin'.... And I dearly hope that she stops f-ing with cars.

The next time it happens, if it does, I may just stop there, and introduce myself (IF she doesn't run away or call me a bitch randomly... these are all possibilities too.) Who knows.

Lovely evening of hanging out, some lovely food, some questionable service (she was like me as a waitress - - social thing down! Timing thing not so..).

Someone I like hanging out with is taking off again (he's had a summer of awesome travel...). As boss-Steph put it, it's kinda a roller-coaster. I'm workin' on balance - - so much like a lovely song by Amos Lee, I'll keep it loose and keep it tight, or perhaps like 38 Special, I will indeed hold on loosely, but won't let go. Thanks, 38 Special.

'Had a dream last night that I was in a Fringe Show based on a nonexistent comic drawn by Craig R. Russell and I had no idea what my lines were. Troy (of SOTUP) :) was there, and his lines were gibberish. There was a heavy rental theme before that.

Onward.

No comments: