Saturday, August 02, 2008

9 hours of sleep is my friend...

It's a Cinderella sort of morning: birds are singing, coffee's soaking, I got 9 hours of sleep last night and could do about 7 more. Whew. The animals were super cooperative in this endeavor. Awesome city.

Yesterday, I went home & crashed after work, and then onto Fringe!

* Saw an "Inconvenient Squirrel" last night: I think this may be my favorite of Scrimshaw inventions... Oh. I liked it so much. *grin* And awesome sqirrel based casting. Watching Dan & Tim & Joe play together, Craig is a beautiful tree (I mean that super positively), and something would have been super wrong if Reid wasn't cast is this production. I love the msg, I don't feel like the msg was knocked over our heads, I'm still giggling thinking of it, AANNDD they got a standing ovation from two 10 year olds in the audience. Awesome.

* Saw Rampleseed after that!! This is one of my favorite 'types' of theater--smart, physical people talking about smart things in surreal ways in silly hats. Low on production value, high on weird and smart and funny. It spoke the same stage language as a Rampleseed set -- and that was So Cool to see. And to see members of the audience get that feel. Yeaaa!! (and Tom & Tyler are just so damn fun to watch play.)

*Watch me go home and eat peanut noodles. Watch me self-medicate. Watch me sleep.

Hey! Come see Fotis today at 2:30 p.m. @ the Theater Garage!!! You'll feel sad if you don't. (He's awesomecityfunny-- and the show is highly praised, peeps) I'll be there, the "woman plucking on a bass behind him" (see why it's more fun to be an actor sometimes? People actually want to know your name.. ;) )

(...Actually, if you're going to see theater, you're honestly there to see people talking and dancing and acting, and not the backing band. But Dennis Curley & I have a whole diatribe of indulgence on this subject..) :)

Onward.

No comments: