Monday, August 18, 2008

Silly puppy! Silly foppish puppy!!

It was a lovely weekend.. Yeaaaa!!!

1) The Bible show is going swimmingly, except for my ability to play wrong notes. Wrong notes and I have had a close relationship for about 25 years - - this is why I'm more comfortable with improv bass/piano, cuz u can make wrong notes part of a pattern so that they sound right, and why I'm more comfortable as an actress, as I am an attention whore and acting's kind of a living, moving, being able to cover sort of thing. Things that require perfection (barring Microsoft Excel tables--I like those) i.e. like playing piano accompaniment, I will make mistakes. But, for the most part, (except for Sunday) the audience doesn't notice and the actors don't care... one hopes. Argh. But pls come see! One weekend left! Strange but positive review ("the audience was laughing".. But not you, strange but positive reviewer?) in the Sunday Pioneer Press.

2) Hidden Beach! After 9.5 years of Mpls-tude, finally made it to Hidden Beach. (What's left? Ummm... Twins Game... Eating Booyah... Getting excited about a show at the Guthrie...*tiny hioooooh*) Hidden Beach was laid back, lovely, and hippidicious. Dude playing guitar, beautiful skinny hippy girl twirling devil sticks, sandy couples hanging on each other, some sand eating children, and, every once in a while, the smell of really skunky pot. I don't know if Hidden Beach is always that chill and lovely, but given this one time, I approve. Even the creepy bald dude in the snorkle, appearing behind swimmers unexpectantly, I approve.

3) I haven't swum in a lake for possibly decades. Why? Because if u fall in, you disappear. And the fact that PG's foot started itching right afterwards. I know microbes are EVERYWHERE (I work for SCIENCE!), but most lakes feel like amoeba-soup. An amoeba-boullebaise. (sp?) But, snottiness aside, it was really fun to go swimming in this poop green lake.

4) I, like 4,000 other actor-type people, am auditoning for Tony & Tina's this week. I finally have a monologue book that I like--yea! This book offers a number of classic monologues, both comic & "seriocomic" (which doesn't mean funny, but mostly means that there's a drug reference somewhere in it, and you'll probably cry in the end. There's also a lot of body issues or men cheating on you in seriocomic monologues. How droll! ...erm.) The classic monologues are kind of awesome, as they feature names like "Windemere" and "Margery Pinchwife" and declare things like "O matrimony!" Deeelightful! I approve again!

5) It's Monday... I'm gonna work on stuff, but enjoy, I hope. Also, I have there's band practice!!! Eeeee! I haven't had band practice in.. like, 5 years? Something dumb like that. I'm jazzed. I hope not to suck.

Happy Monday all!

Onward.

No comments: