Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's Tuesday... Things are rolling quietly...

Self-imposed drama of last 1.5 days has been calmed by talking. Thanks, talking. You make my life calmer and more balanced -- right? Right. Or at least better-feeling and clearer. So--yea. :)

This is the week of fullness, with schedules interlocking like sexy little jigsaw puzzle bits (until I miss something, and then it all falls to hell).

Teaching at that big-theater-for-kids (yea--hoping for cool! So lucky so far!) which has a no-nut dietary rule, as the children of 2008 have nut allergies so severe they could possibly blow up and destroy most of South Minneapolis -- just like Akira. (I can't do hypertext when blogging from my tiny phone. I'm even sure if my fanboy-wannabe reference works.. But I'm sure Kanye West does. Thanks, Kanye.) This means no folded-over peanut butter sammiches for Jen. But it's cool enough to run the oven, so I made some cheesy biscuits (which both the dog and the oatmeal-loving cat have made it clear they enjoy... Weird.)

(There is absolutely no flow to this blog. Sorry, choosy blog connesieurs... You get chopping writing and run-on sentences today. Boo!)

My televsion gets crap reception, but I hear the Olympics are pretty cool. (I really do like watching them -- that always kind of surprises me -- I have no pre-Olympic spirit or excitement, EXCEPT when I talk with Nels, and then there's no escaping the good stuff :) ) I hope the attention it draws to China actually makes a difference, but I don't really know if it will. But one can hope.

This week, I'm spending my evenings in a darkened theater, hunched over that same Casio keyboard (it's the same model as the one in the Minnesota Show). Who knew this keyboard was to be a repeating motif in my St. Paul experience.

There's not much time for anything besides teach, museum work, and then late night rehearsal until Thursday or Friday, and that grumps me out a bit. My long standing vengence on the paths around Lake of the Isles will have to wait. Mrphh. Victory will be mine!!

Time to get clean, take my cheesy biscuits to South Mpls and then to St. Paul, and don't stop moving until 11:30 tonight. But it's only until Friday.

Onward.

P.S. Stupid Russia. Putin (Poutin?) is a bear and a horribly smart calculating thug. Gross.

No comments: