Friday, August 22, 2008

Ups and downs and okays.. :)

Things.

a) Always get the Mussels. yum. For some reason, restaurants in Mpls can do mussels. mmmmm..

b) I don't think the serving size for trail mix is the entire bin 30 oz. bin. Bu† I attempted to make it so.

c) Wells Fargo took my ass-saving deposit, and put a hold on it. Which is about as annoying as being on hold, except it's costing me um... my a$$. The hold is placed there until the 27th. WHO GETS TO DECIDE THAT A DEPOSIT IS TO BE ON HOLD FOR OVER A WEEK???? Tomorrow, I'm going to try and have kind words with a branch manager, who will hopefully like me. (The lady on the phone kept repeating "It's up to the discretion of the bank manager" which is so mafia-istic. Threatening. There is no guarantee that this branch manager's impression of me will be a good one. Should I bring cookies?!?)

d) Some nice nights and good talks. Very lucky. :)

e) I kinda wanna go to the State Fair. I wish go there early (like 8:30 a.m. or 9 a.m.) I wish to look at baby animals and eat things. I wish to wander. That is all. (the last two - three years, I've had "professional" reasons to be at the State Fair. Now, I am without that excuse. But... that wandering around always marked late August for me. There are places in the state fair that are soul crushing. But, most of it is okay. At least, the baby animals are top notch. And so is the milk.)

f) Thinking about going to Pazzaluna for happy hour before the big Bible show... Speaking of:

"The Bible: The Complete Word of God (Abridged)" has just three more performance, including tonight, on it. It's lovely, silly, and funny. And if you ever went to bible school, you'll feel really really smart! (I didn't... but still enjoy the show.) Check out here for details.)

g) What else? Ran around the lake today, pausing more times than I like (it made my elbows sweat. ew.). Talked to my sister, which makes me happy. At the museum today, I felt like I knew someone in the audience - - we actually both "kinda" recognized each other as in "Hey.. you look familiar".. It turns out that the couple lives 30 miles from my home town. Chances are, we're of similar genetic (GermanEnglishIrishNorweiganNativeAmerican) stock. It's weird to find someone's biology familiar and comforting.

Luck.

Onward.

1 comment:

thelifemosaic said...

I didn't know "The Bible (Abridged)" was in town. I have the CD and really dig it. Will see if I can make it.