Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's Opinionated Blog Day!!
















Did you know that there's a Too Much Coffee Man opera!? Nope, neither did I..

Anywhoo's... I have nothing very exciting to blog about, but will anyway as my friend Christopher G. has found me! Yea!! Hi! :)

- The goat cheese slice and pint at the Mill may have been a poor idea. Sign #45 of aging.

- I sat between two pairs of ladies at the bar, who spent the entire night kvetching. And I realized, that this is EXACTLY how I sound when I'm with my lady friends one on one. We kvetch. Good lord. We ladies complain a lot. However, it was also kind of awesome. There is support given in the mutual kvetch. There is loving s#!t given in the mutual kvetch. Kvetch away, ladies!

- Les Claypool* is playing the Myth (this I believe). Devotchka, writers of one of the most romantic songs in existence, is opening?! And Saul Williams too (his Reparations song rocks my socks)?! Crap!! Weird!!! This show should be awesome. And.. weird!!!

It's almost spring. Can you feel it? Despite the pounding we're going to get today, it's getting closer. That stupid springy fresh air heroine rush that makes us justify the deadliest of winters over and over. Curses!

Quiet Thursday of work, teaching and wondering if I'm brave enough to infiltrate 7th Street to check out The Battle Royale tonight.

I bought my first Timbaland mp3 last night. It's the song that everyone knows. It's really good. I am that 7th grade teacher, tryin' to be cool. About a year and a half too late.

Onward.

*As a bass player, I should lovelovelove Les Claypool. Just as a comic book reader, I should love.. Batman (or the Hulk). I can't deny the innate awesome of either. But I never got into either. Ehhh.. I know he's a musical genius (which he is). But, what I've heard of Claypool has always left me cold. His stuff is very boy-centric weird-boy masculine, just as Batman (or the Hulk) is boy-centric weird-boy masculine. *grin* In this weird-boy incredibly-talented fast-note-playing way, I equate Claypool with Rush. No matter the time signature.

** Watch, if I actually make it to the show, I'll be gaga for Claypool and will deny up and down that I wrote this.

*** As a person of my GenX specific generation, both Rush and Steely Dan should cease to exist. Except for maybe some small sections of "Tom Sawyer". This may make me a horrible person. Sorry.

No comments: