Sunday, February 01, 2009

Little dog, big scratchies...

The newly groomed animal is sitting on me, scratching his newly groomed ears. *sigh*

Yesterday was a bust. A damned stupid bust. I was sick as a dog for the whole stupid day for pretty stupid reasons. Dammit. However, four shows at the Science Museum and a (really good) Mystery Cafe were completed.

And around 10 p.m., I ate a piece of toast and some oatmeal. Yea!!!

However, pre-suffering, I got to sit and chat with a speaker originally from the Moline/Davenport area. 30-something, fit, young, travels like mad, gets paid good money to travel like mad and talk. Talk talk talk.

a) Where'd you go to School? East Moline Community College. Did speech in high school, and continued doing it in college because he was good at it, and knew he could get a good grade.

b) Say that again? I own a tug boat. Dude owns a tug boat! Loves the river. Had an artist paint said tug boat. Goes from Canada to NOLA in the summer, docks it somewhere in Kentucky where the river doesn't freeze. Cool!

c) You know where's "hip as shit"? Louisville, KY. "They've got shit figured out" He says Louisville, I go look into Louisville. The weather is temperate (cold is in the 30s, really warm is 87), there's mountains and bike trails, it's the "confluence of Southern and Midwestern attitudes and cultures", and instead of "real" sports, they race things like steamboats and hot air balloons. What?! Delightful!! (oh.. I guess they really like college basketball too. Cool.)

Hrm. It sounds like another Austin or Minneapolis, where the rest of the state is nothing like this sweet spot of a city. Go, Louisville!!! :)

Very well. I have looked into another fine place. It is Sunday and it's sunny and almost vaguely temperate! yeaa!! I might try and run today, which might end up being a bit of a bust. Happy superbowl, I guess.

Onward.

No comments: