Friday, February 13, 2009

Welcome to AZ...

I'm sitting in my sister's studio (or, at least, the place she works on campus), typing on her computer while grad student buzzy like bees and discuss things that seem REALLY IMPORTANT TO THEM! Alas, I'm blogging right now about THINGS THAT ARE REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME. (Or, at least, important enough to blather on a blog about.) Glass houses..

A print professor just let me peruse a bunch of expensive pop up books! I just had a coffee! This is idyllic!

Welcome to Tempe!

- Tempe has not only palm trees and olive trees and pomegranate trees, but many many citrus trees which drop many many oranges. It looks like everyone's grocery bags keep coming undone.

- If you put an orange tree to close to another citrus tree, it will have little mixed citrus babies. Fascinating!

- It's sunny and 70. I'm spoiled silly right now, I realize. This is ridiculous.

- While AZ fills you with sun-issued Vitamin D, it secretly takes all the water from you. sllluuurrrrp! Because of this, my sister's bathroom is filled with moisturizer.

- I spent the day cleaning her kitchen. If I'm related to you, and you leave the house, chances are that I'll clean your kitchen. (I have kitchen issues. Every thing must be contained! Every surface must be wiped! Arrrghhh! It may stem from a fear of finding little bugs in grains, but mostly, it just probably me exerting control through sanitizing spray.)

- Restaurants are bistro sized here. We went out for thai (at Thai Basil, although I hear there's a Thai Elephant, which sounds ever more exciting..) :)

- AZ is the land of the one beer drunk. I was three quarters through my beer, and my sister goes "Can you feel it?". And yes! AZ leaves you dehydrated, and makes you a very cheap date.

- I go to pick my mom up at the airport pretty soon.

We have no real plans.. just hanging around, looking at stuff, and fussing in general. Wish us luck! :)

Onward.

No comments: