Monday, February 16, 2009

Welcome to Scottsdale... (and Tempe, thank god)

- Hi Scottsdale. Gucci bags! Prada bags! I'm starting to loathe the sight of a designer bag. A PINK outfit with a sparkly earth and silkscreened 'recycling' symbology on it, worn with a Chanel something, done hair, and painted toes. Boobs. So much boobs. So many 50 somethings in Beemers, so many penis-related cars. Conspicuous consumption... Really really shiny & coiffed conspicuous consumption.

- As far as I'm concerned, the AllStar game can kiss my a$$. From people waking up my mom after AllStar partying, from AllStar drama at the airport, I hold the NBA in the same regard as.. I dunno. As a super rich strip club owner. One that is mean to his employees and has a greasy belly. Smokes a cigar. Looks like Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Possibly Jabba the Hutt. Relishes in other's misfortune. Sweats when he thinks. Ewwww.

- Welcome to Tempe! Tempe is full of urban hipsters and skateboards, tattews and 80s sunglasses. Tempe felt like a breath of fresh air. It's still conspicuous consumption, but it's stuff I can relate to. And I don't think hipster eat babies, or dress said babies in scratchy diamonds.

- Watched a hummingbird! Saw a tortoise! Plus a hipster on a trampoline, pulling up her skinny jeans and holding onto her hipster hat.

- Now on a light rail train, to visit a building dedicated to science. It is the future (which looks like it was built by jawas.)

- Who will tell Nick & Clarence that I did not spend the $11 to see the Star Trek exhibit?

Onward.

1 comment:

Clarence Wethern said...

I would have given you $11.