Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What I learned..

- Phoenix is bizarro Minneapolis. They come out in the winter, we come out in the summer. We dress in a lot of clothes, they are more comfortable dressing in none..ish.

- Improv ='s funny. Storytelling/standup ='s funny. An unprepared half way in between attempt ='s not so funny. Glad I tried, but feel bad that I sucked. So so generous of the Muffs!!

Alys picked me up, after hapy hour with my sister and three art openings on campus! (one of the openings was a Ball Pit!! A grown up size, 4 feet of plastic balls, ball pit. This was f-ing delightful. Period. Yea, Art!!! Photos to follow...)

- Yeaaaaaa, Alys!!! The beautiful Alys picked me up and drove me around and chatted and hugged and oh, for happy!!!! :)

- Yeaaaaa, Jose!!! Got to see and hugs and chat with Jose!!!! Jose gives off love like the sun gives off rainbows. Yeaaaa!!!!

- Met amazing lovely new ladies, including the lovely funny ladies of Muff Mondays at the Ruby Room. Smart & funny & dirty & cute -- Jose bought me a $4 muffdiver, and I laughed and laughed.

- Well-done burlesque still makes me do happy dances.

- Back to Tempe, for disturbed sleep on my sister loveseat. A friend of my sister's drove me to the airport. Again, very generous.

Back to Minneapolis...I have no idea how I feel about this except that it's fine. Mom was right: it's the hangin' out that's fun. Whether with old friends, new friends, friend friends or family - it's an important part of life, and should be done often. (so.. Um... looking forward to happy hour tonight.)

Happy Hour accomplished. It was an amazing group of people. Bittersweet and strange and wonderful. Josh said it felt like an Irish funeral, and having only pretended to be at one before, it was better than pretend. It felt right. Thank you all for a lovely night. :)

Onward.

No comments: