Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Take it...

Yesterday was a grand day for stuff, as it was warm enough to be wet outside. (It felt vaguely Portland-esque, except for a lot less green)

- Home Depot. I did it! I bought some flooring. Mr. NiceGuyTouchyPants helped me. I have never been manhandled more at a Home Depot. He was a close-stander, touch ya on the shoulder, grab your arm to stop you from loading stuff. He also wasn't from Minnesota. I think he was well meaning and unaware that I jumped at least twice, or that these un-Midwestern actions could be conceived of as possibly creepy. Human contact, especially from a 60 year old in an orange apron, and a southern accent.. I think he was harmless, but I was still jumpy and watching my a$$.

- I unloaded said flooring onto porch. Shit. It was heavy. Thanks for loading, touchytouchyLeonard!

- I put drywall up! Home Depot sells cute 2x2 sections of drywall!! Workable by me! Yeaa!!

- I hope I did not put a drywall screw through an electrical wire. This remains to be seen.

- Yoga took my already shaky self, and twisted and turned me. Awesome. ARRR!!

- Went to replace released toxins with bread and cheese from Trader Joe's. Got carded by younger guy who said "I always check when I know someone's younger than me." It was probably the wavy gravy yoga vibe or perhaps I need to dress more grown-upper, but.. oh. You made my day, cute Trader Joe's boy.

- Got to play music with jazz buddies. Our drummer is in the hospital, and it makes everyone slow down a little (and rightfully worry..). But two guitars and a bass was wonderful. As was the company and generosity after.

- 12 year old scotch, floor pillows, funny stories, and a fire. I am in wonderment of these folks. Generosity is nothing to them - - they share as easily as they breathe. Smart and funny and I've got 12 years to become like them. :)

- Dreamt about people I'm learning to live without. Dammit. Ah well.

Today equals work, dinner with Beth, and Six Ring workshop. :)
Wednesday equals work and teaching.
Thursday equals work and Arizona!! And sister! And mom! And sister's cats! And palmetto bugs. um. And.. stuff to blather about.

Onward.

No comments: