Friday, February 27, 2009

Really, TRULY, not much to report..

Which I said that yesterday, and turned it into a rant against Steely Dan. (which.. Steely Dan.. they are fine musicians. They just give me the cringeys.)

(I tried to find an image which I love, which is of the comic book character Bone, covered in snow. It's awesome. However, the internet gave me this instead. I approve!)

- There was snow! Which fell amazingly fast. My commute was about two hours, BUT - I was warm. For the most part, I was safe. I had gas. I was lucky enough to hobble my way home.

- There was decompression! I made bread and veggie soup. I ate wayyyy too much bread and veggie soup. Nom nom nom.

- There was.. laundry. (you see where this is going)

- There was watching "Dollhouse" on hulu.com (which was, through a mix of conflicting expectations, pretty okay!)

- There was staying in, and I kept myself moderately busy. Doing... stuff that wasn't that important.

>- I am finding more music by watcing the videos online first. Neat! I feel all Friday Night Videos again.

- Oh! I bought a cheapie melodica off of the interwebs. I hope it's cool. A melodica is a piano that you blow through. It's a ridiculous looking instrument. But one that is stupidly fun to play. It's like panpipes for.. umm.. stupid people. Me. If Liberache had a video filled with spritely underclad male nymphs, they wouldn't be playing pan pipes - they'd be playing melodicas. I'm going to purchase myself a keyboard tie to wear whist I play this thing.

- If there's anyway that Bret and Jemaine are going to realize that they need a female bass & melodica player... this could be my ticket in.


For, for a Thursday night, given the fact that going anywhere sounded and looked heinous, it was a pretty nice(melodica-anticpatory) night.

Will there be joy in Mudville tonight? What adventures will be had? (um, exercise, and then maybe go see some friends do a funny show.) Time to shovel the driveway and play with snakes. (no guns, this time)

Onward.

No comments: