Thursday, May 15, 2008

Amazingly beautiful out...

It was lovely last night too.

My Wednesday night plans got shifted, so I ended up taking a run on the St. Anthony Pkwy (which was lovely).

Listening to npr before running... Melissa Bloch was covering from China, following a young couple to the apartment building where their 2 yr old was being watched by a set of grandparents, and were crushed by the earthquake. It was horrible and sad, and Melissa Bloch is a real person, and so her voice 'on the scene' would torn up/exhausted/tear-filled, and then she would add in a very calm voice-over later, which I could only think that adding that wld be so strange, like narrating your relative's funeral.

I went home, made delicious dinner (yea!), and not knowing what else to do, moved some rock. My computer's down, it was beautiful out... And my thoughts kept going back to that poor 2 year old boy who didn't do anything but make his mom happy (as I'm pulling up pounds of rocks, and pulling the earthworms out of the rubble).

I am a melancholy dame. (that's not even a pun... Lame!)

'Finished "Slings and Arrows" which was completely satisfying. I do a Bingo show tonight, which I'm not really looking forward, which is truly lame. (didn't we close this? I haven't been in in over a month... Ehhh) Mom says put a positive spin on it, so I'm using the positive spin called money. Cool.

In a tad of a funk, but it'll go away soon...

Onward.

1 comment:

JKB said...

I heard that story too, right before I went into rehearsal. I was sitting in my car, eating my dip cone from DQ, getting choked up over the story. I thought the same thing. Her voice over made me feel uncomfortable. It kept me removed from the emotion that was there. I think she was making sure that i could find time to eat my cone without it melting.