Thursday, May 08, 2008

He.. Was.. Iron Man.. Do be do be do be do be do

'Saw Iron Man last night. It was romperrific. Kudos to Mr. Favreau, who made a damn fine superhero movie. And the casting *was* grade A yummy. Super pretty effects too. A solid blockbuster sort of thang.

We stayed til the end and all I can hope for is that Mr. Favreau contines to be involved in these sort of projects. How diplomatic of me.

It's interesting-- casting is not race-neutral, but rather race-familiar. I'm not disagreeing with it (except for possibly making the Mandarin -- 10 Rings? C'mon -- Afghani. Worked fine, but it's the Mandarin...).. I'm just saying it's interesting. The previews were... -- it's like we just figured out that the rest of the world exists, and now we have to make fun of it. Which I'd rather see that than making it go boom, but... Hey America. How's it shakin'?

I just so rarely go to a big 'ole Hollywood movies. (I'm still rarely sold on the experience) And I like making grandiose uninformed statements. ;)

Today will be thick with stuff -- wish me luck. Friday should hopefully be thick with fun stuff, including a shindig in St. Paul.. And I'm looking forward to Saturday. Get me to Saturday, if you could.

Yesterday was grumpy-making, until the afternoon. I'm gonna try and make today a more positive experience... A romp, if you will... :)

Onward.

..P.S. Someone I know -- an older lady I used to work with -- we weren't close, but we worked together, and she cast me in her show a couple of times -- is dying. I'm not sure what to do. Even as a type this, and all the excuses that I'm about to make, it's becoming clearer... Okay. Send your love and thoughts to Fran Ford, and I'll do the stuff on my side too.

Onward.

No comments: