Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Just a tad grumpy. Stoopid Wednesdays...

Honestly, there's nothing that stupid about Wednesdays. I just have little get up and go today.

Tuesday was Six Ring auditions, which went fine. I just hate the sort of "I NEED - - or rather, my team NEEDS - - this person" feeling that we all know is a lie, but we all fall into. It feels like fighting over my dad's stuff - - we all benefit from just being cool and understanding and moving forward - - and, actually, us coaches totally did. It's just so damned attractive to try and want - - basic want, about something/someone you didn't know you wanted 15 minute ago. Bah. Anywhoo, the auditions went fine, I love me some Six Ring coaches, and it should be a fun summer.

And then, pow! Everyone was in the lobby and talking and chatting and it was too much. That was too much drama to follow up with millions of awesome, chatting and smiling people, that I'm too scattered to have a true conversation with. Over-stimulated! Onto Katy's photo show (which was lovely), which was again filled with awesome and smiling people that I, again, was too scattered to have a focused conversation with. bah. Go home, to find that my computer decided to turn on!!! YEAA!!

Some of what I have invested in a while ago is on it's last legs - - and understandably so. My laptop is four years old. I pray my camera (three years old) holds out.

So - - truly - - there's a lot of really good stuff, but I'm emoting all over. Ah well. I may not have gotten enough sleep last night, or I may be a bit done this morning. Mpls held no happy gleam. The joy will come back to Mudville soon, but right now..

I got to sub miss Anderson's awesome class on Monday, and I fessed up to living in Mpls almost 10 years, and the lovely lady I fessed up to said "It's been a real chapter in your life" - - I think I am old enough to have chapters. And yes, it has been. I'm sorta open and ready for a new chapter. Whether it's here in Mpls or not. This, is kinda strange, but mostly awesome, I think.

I decided to try running. Madness. I've been told to go really really slow, and what do you know, it works. :) A plus about living in North Minneapolis - - I live damned close to Theodore Worth, and Theodore Worth rocks. Jogging is the anti-yoga - - I feel all whooooooo and happy after yoga; after jogging, my eyes feel explodey and my legs are sore. However, I sort of want to do it again. Creepy!

Blogging helps. You're my therapy, three-people-who-read-my-blog. ;) You poor things.

Onward to solidifying stuff.

Onward.

2 comments:

purplesquirrel said...

An interesting experiment would be for you to blog while running. I'd love to see that.

Tara said...

It is strange to think about things like chapters in life. I've (we've) been out of college for 10 years this month. That's an entire decade of basically being a grown up! How did that happen? Huh? How???