Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Last bits...

Still processing... The unfamiliar can throw one for a loop...

* Drove through the back roads of North of Phoenix and Sun City. Only took one wrong turn. We are delirious by the time we end up (in what feels like the middle of nowhere) at the amazingly big and put together adobe covered house of Kara's cousins.

* They have toys galore (bikes! Dune buggy thingies! Dogs!) -- they let us try the bikes and make amazing tacos and margaritas. They let us marvel at their relationship and chat politics. So incredibly generous.

* We wake up today at 5 am (owwww) Get Pat to the airport. We suddenly find ourselves exhausted in Tempe, where we eat at a place called Harlowe's (overpriced but good, and the decor is surreal... Are all waittresses hot in AZ? Seriously.), and then find a park. We all attempt to sleep (Kara and I on picnic tables, in the sun).

* See two hummingbirds chasing each other... Adorable!

* In search of a pool, we end up at City Beach, which didn't seem to have much of a beach at all. We watch kids at a splash park, go to get pizza, and I realize that my flight's at 1 pm. Pizza plans smashed. :(

* And now I'm Houston (??!!) bound, next to a very sweet and funny Korean exchange student.

* Whoooaaaa!!! What is with the Hiuston airport?! It bustles... I think I kinda like it.

wha?? How did this trip happen? I know it's not done yet, but... oof. I don't know if I'm ready to come home to responsibilities, but I'm definitely ready to see PG and sleep for reals. That'd be cool.

Still tuckered. Oww... Very very lucky.

Onward.

No comments: