Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Why, the next one is sloth...

Really really wonderful weekend, and I almost typed in vacation. It FELT like vacation. I was so relaxed and happy, and suddenly found myself with another day off (technically, my days off are Sun & Mon) that I didn't know what to do. So... I did... nothing. I couldn't muster much more than:

* I went to the grocery store, and remarked at how food prices have gone up, just like how NPR told me to.

* I washed the floors. Good job, me!

* I made a damn fine homemade pizza, prepping lunch for this week. I may never buy pre-done spaghetti sauce again.

* I... Uh.. Watched a lot of Netflix. Pre-chosen indulgent entertainment! Needless to say, me heart "Slings & Arrows" almost unconditionally (Season 3 has special features!!!) and "The Namesake" is very long, but fine.

* I went to Mounds View and watched a movie. In this movie, 'are the amazing Dave Jennings & Clarence Wethern. Not only is Harry an excellent director, but he does a damn fine job grilling.

Grilled corn on the cob is one of the best things in the world. I wish to have a corn party: corn on the cob & corn bread & corn spoon bread & a gallon of high fructose corn syrup, to make up everything else.

I should have done more stuff... But I'm not sure what though. Also, doin' stuff tends to cost money. So.. Yeah. Trying to be prudent and judicial about that too. So, yesterday = slothiness. But super lucky for it: it can be a rare thing.

I live with the, at least right now, fussiest animals in the world.

Onward.

2 comments:

purplesquirrel said...

Before grilling corn, soak the cobs (unshucked) in salt water for a few hours. It gets rid of any bugs and brings out the flavor of the corn.

Michael said...

Wait wait wait!

Is this the movie that Harry directed that was tentatively called "Sealed with a Bullet?"

Is it playing somewhere??? I'm in it! I want to see!