Saturday, May 31, 2008

Memohz.

Ack! It's beautiful out! Super duper incredibly beautiful out! YEAAA!!

- PG and I went to go get tapas last night. We went to La Bodega, with the back up plan of El Meson if La Bodega was too noisy. Yea for chatting. It looked okay. (nervously eyeing the acoustic guitar players in the corner) We ordered. And then the flamenco dancing started. Bwaha!

I realized that 10 years ago, I would have been "WHOLLY SHIT!!! FLAMENCO!!!!", but in the moment, I was "Oh, of course, how foolish, why didn't I think of this before..." So, I told myself to shut up and enjoy the flamenco dancing (which sounds like someone gave a unlimited use pistol of a fairly rhythmic, sugared toddler). Yea, Mpls. The best part was when one of the diners/audience members stood up and danced with the two ladies. I take it that there are certain learned dances in flamenco - - it was so much fun to watch three ladies, swishing around and laughing.

- Neutrino last night! It went well, except that I think I accidentally hit a key on Troy's keyboard, creating a jazzy composition underneath my questionable underscoring. Verdamnt.

- Finished the very very very last "Slings & Arrows" last night, and cried appropriately. HOLY SHIT... I'm such a sucker for this show. "It never was about us, was it?" Nope. ARGHH! "What are we doing here?" "Why, we're putting on a play" Whew. Delightful. All three seasons are added to my Wish List of Handy Gifts to give Jen.

- Started watching "Enchanted" this morning. Wholly crap, well played, Amy Adams! And as adorable and shockingly un-ironic as she is, I am fully enjoying these male leads. James Marsden (again, un-ironic) is great, and super big props to Patrick Dempsey - - he's the only reason I made it through the Central Park musical number. Speaking of, does Disney just make movies so they can be made into musicals now? I understand if so, but.. This one would be pretty darn easy, minus that chipmunk. *Also, as a side note, who knew that Peggy Flanagan had a twin? (Although Peggy's way prettier)

- Having deconstructed veggie pigs in a blanket for lunch (i.e. a veggie dog next to a leftover pancake). Jealous? (Actually, it came out pretty good. Or my standards for my own cooking might be a tad low. No matter.)

A couple shows at the Science Museum and onward. If you're bored, the last BNI Youth Improv Performance is this Sunday 3p.m. - 5 p.m.. COME!!! It's free, and they're awesome. And to prove how white and old I am, I'm gonna say it: For schnizzle.

Onward.

No comments: