Monday, April 21, 2008

Bittersweet and tired...

Lovely day. Beautiful weather. Very lovely.

Me and four young improv chaps couldn't handle being inside (as Andrew kept putting it, "Let's just sit and tell stories"), and so, we spent the last 15 minutes of improv rehearsal hanging from playground equipment. That was good. That was really good. (Did you know that the play equipment at Jefferson Elementary sits upon tons of chopped up tires? It does! It's brilliant! And bouncy. Good stuff.)

The difference between age groups from 12 - 18 is just amazing.

IFSGWIS rehearsal, which was also just excellent, and then a bit of Improv A Go Go. Yeaaa!

Then to Kari Ann's, who I haven't seen in... months... to see old friends that we used to see every five days, but now only see in... months. Aghhhh... I don't know if I'm tired, or if having to sleep in a different room is stressin' me out, or the bittersweetness of change, or just taking in the last 48 hours (which have been wonderful, just... taking it in), but... It was hard to work up abandon. I felt reserved and loved and sad seeing old friends. Agh. When I should just feel blissed out. ah well..

A plus: s'mores. Kari Ann made a bonfire, Megan brought fixin's for s'mores. I am growing into a marshmallow fiend in my old age.

Tomorrow, I hope, promises to be lovely. It should actually be pretty darn fun. Right? Right.

Onward.

No comments: