Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Goooo, Skirt Turtles.. and blurring into a Tuesday..

Through the magic of the internet, I have learned that the Skirt Turtles (the BNW softball team) technically won their first game! Awesome!!! (...I hope we can practice.. er, at least, I hope I can practice with other people. I'm excited - - For me, organized sports has always ranked up there with organized religion - - I'm unequipped for both, but will fake it if need be. I want to be a contributing member of the Skirt Turtles!! At least enough to prove I indeed have no business on a field..) Looking forward to the next game - - I'm gonna wear a hat! Excitement!!

Shot in Forest Lake last night. Forest Lake amazes me, cuz it's so damn out there. It's a third of the way to Duluth. Which made me think of Duluth. Which made me think "Why haven't I been to Duluth lately?" or "Why haven't I visited the Northern Shore?" If I am skipping dodge (i.e. possibly leaving Minnesota), I should probably see the geological stuff that makes this place supposedly worthy of all the hoopla. The idea of traveling with a bud is most appealing (yea!), but also, the idea of traveling alone is pretty sweet too. (I'm very comfortable in the cities... and I'm not much of a camper.. However, I do own a tent. hrm. I hope I don't die.)

I love the Urban Mountain boys. They rock soo much. We filmed in one of their parents' house: they totally spoiled us - - "Would you guys like some pizza? I baked some cookies" (The cookies were mocha chip! MOCHA CHIP!) It was like a sleep over, it was like high school, but wayyyyy nicer than any of my friends' places in high school. Thanks, Mom and Dad!)

Watched a bit of footage last night... I watched myself get terrorized. Feel pretty good about how I did, and weird about how I look. Crumpling my face into horrified positions does not a pretty girl make. May have to learn how to make horrified faces while remaining girly. *grin... ewww* And then I'll hit the big time!! What you hear crumpling is a couple decades of feminist theory... As long as I can look pretty while being a victim, it's a'okay! (double ewww) There's a whole can of Women's Studies 101 this could spill into. pah.

Onto the museum. Hoping it's good.

Onward.

No comments: