Saturday, April 26, 2008

how weird is life?

Life is weird.

Science Museum, onto a run to Trader Joe's for housesitter supplies. At Trader Joe's, I was told (prefaced with "I hope you find this a compliment"), that I reminded the check out clerk (Trevor) of Coco from Flight of the Conchords. I took it as a total compliment. My sister, after hearing this, got silent for a little bit, and said, "well... um". Yes - - Coco ain't no Heidi Klum, but I will take that compliment dammit. It made me smile all the way to:

Stitch n' Bitch! W00t! Good show! And good hangin' out afterwards. (Yea for Matt Foster! Who is from Pierre, SD! yeaaaaa! And he went to USD... jesus. And did Future Problem Solvers, which is sort of a NE, SD, Iowa thing... teeee!) I'm looking forward to tomorrow, and post-show tomorrow.

Played piano for the first time at Neutrino. It was fun. I spent most of the time with my mouth wide open. God bless Fred for saying the word "leitmotif". And god bless Corey for choosing to play in C. It was actually "What chord would Corey choose if sitting down at the piano?", and it ended up being C, which Corey actively chose. YEA COREY! Awesome. :)

Guess who was there? NELS and SENIZ! Do you know how good that is? It's pretty damn amazing. :)

Then to Restaurant Miami, which made me laugh. Yea for crappy theme restaurant/bars with the seems showing. I have no urge to dress up for Restaurant Miami... it felt almost as comfortable as the Green Mill, but the for the weird undercurrent of people who don't quite fit in at the Independent. Funny.

Watched a friend play a bar game (after being approached by a young gentleman), which makes me hella uncomfortable. This is probably why I suck at these things, and don't actively seek them out. Felt weird and a little sad about watching the whole thing.

'Driving home, I gave $5 to the guy at the Dowling Ave exit, who rocks actively out on his cardboard guitar. We had a super happy friendly conversation, and I found out that he watches out for people at the Dowling Ave exit (tells them if a cop's around the corner, tells them to turn their head lights on). That was nice. It made me happy, and seemed to make him happy (he's just a pretty happy dude), and I felt better, as there didn't seem to be any pretense to our conversation. Unlike the bar game. Anywhoo, if you're at Restaurant Miami, and some guy named Steve (from Rochester, by way of L.A.) tries to talk to you, please know that I like Steve, and was a bit sad to see him kinda.. toyed with. But it's probably what he does too. Super weird.

Onward to Science and Stitch and Saturday. Again, I've been looking forward to Saturday.

Um. It's snowing out. It's bullshit, I know. But of course it's snowing out. Why wouldn't it be?

There's a 17 lb. cat on my lap, which makes me smile. :)

Onward.

No comments: